PGI Cobra Classic Carbon Shield Hood
Carbon Shield is a flame resistant fabric breakthrough based on carbon fiber technology. Considered the ultimate high-tech fabric for thermal protection and comfort. During the torch test, after about 5 seconds, traditional FR fabrics combust, severely shrinking and charring. Carbon Shield remains dimensionally stable even after 90 seconds, giving you the extra time you need to get out safely.
- Carbon Shield Material
- Double-ply hood provides coverage of neck, upper chest and to the top of shoulder blades
- Contoured shoulders reduce bunching of bib
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting Current Edition
- Arc Rating: 23.3 / HRC Rating: 2
- Outer shell is a blend of Carbon/High Strength Aramid -approx. 6.5 oz sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 200% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
STITCH TYPES AND SEAMS:
- All stitching conforms to federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
- Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
- Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 504 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
Size:One size hood fits all.
- Composed of two layers throughout.
- Seamed from top of face opening to bottom back then cover-stitched for extra strength.
- Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½" wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
- The bottom edge of hood is bound with self-material bias binding.
- Shoulders are contoured on each side allowing the hood to lie flat on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter.
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 9".
- Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15".
- Length of hood at front and back from top to bottom approx. 18½".
Labeling and User Information:
Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Included with each hood is a complete users information guide.
Meets or Exceeds Industry Standards
UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971-Current Edition; European standard 13911-June 2008 (CE marked to EC directive 89/686/EEC); Compliant with CAL-OSHA, Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E Current Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 23.3 Hazard / Risk Category 2.